Elifeonline... first online, best online.
Now look at it this way … Fact is sacred. Comment is free. That a pastor ‘messed up’ does not mean all pastors do mess up. Even that very one who ‘messed up’, who makes you a judge over him? Do you know what led him into that situation you deem as ‘messed up’? Couldnt it be a matter of (your) opinion?
1. If a pastor is young, he lacks experience; if he’s grey-haired, he’s too old.
2. If he has five kids, he has too many; if he has none, he’s setting a bad example.
3. If his wife sings in the choir, she’s being forward; if not, she’s not dedicated enough,
4. If he preaches from notes, he’s dry; if his words are impromptu, he’s too shallow.
5. If he spends time in study, he’s neglecting his people; if he makes home visits, he’s not a good time manager.
6. If he’s attentive to the poor, he’s after public approval; if he attends to the wealthy, he’s ingratiating.
7. If he suggests improvements, he’s a dictator; if he doesn’t, he has no vision.
8. If he uses too many illustrations, he neglects the Bible; if he doesn’t use enough stories, he’s unclear.
9. If he speaks against wrong, he’s legalistic; if he doesn’t, he’s a compromiser.
10. If he preaches for an hour, he’s windy; less than that, he has nothing to say.
11. If he preaches the truth, he’s offensive; if he doesn’t, he’s wishy–washy.
12. If he fails to please everybody, he’s hurting the church; if he tries to please everybody, he has no convictions.
13. If he preaches tithing, he’s a money–grabber; if not, he’s failing to develop his people
14. If he receives a large salary, he’s mercenary; if he doesn’t, it proves he’s not worth much.
15. If he preaches regularly, people get tired to hear him; if he invites guest preacher, he’s shirking his responsibility.
Wow! Pastors have tough jobs. So, love your Pastor and make life easy for him!